I love to find or create new things for breakfast. That wasn’t always the case, I use to be a creature of habit, eating the same things every day to maintain my blood sugar, weight and it just made things easier. But, then I learned that a variety of foods is what reactivates your microbiome.
Our microbiome is the little bugs that live in our gut and makes us healthy (or sick). With the rise of antibiotic use as well as the rise of antibiotics used in the animals that we turn into food, we’ve destroyed many of our healthy gut bacteria. This is a topic for a different post, so let’s get to this great and quick breakfast.
- Chocolate protein powder (I use nuzest Clean Lean Protein)
- Frozen (or fresh) organic blueberries
- Shelled pumpkin seeds
- 1tbs coconut flour
- 1/3-1/4 cup water (I just add water slowly till it’s the consistency I need)
- 2 eggs
- Preheat the waffle maker (you can also make pancakes with this exact recipe)
- combine all ingredients and mix together till you have the consistency of waffle batter (not thick but not runny)
- Put in waffle maker (2 minutes each side)
- top with fresh blueberries, organic butter, organic maple syrup (1tbs) and enjoy!
Check it out on Pinterest